As part of the Ghana Agricultural and Rural Development Journalists Association (GARDJA’s) Cocoa Advocacy Initiative with SEND Ghana, GARDJA is inviting proposals from journalists to access bursaries to produce cocoa sector-focused stories.
Members of GARDJA and business/agricultural journalists are by this notice requested to submit proposals for possible support.
Proposals covering the following areas and more will be considered:
1) Challenges in the cocoa sector and possible solutions.
2) Impact of new technologies and cultural practices like hand pollination and pruning on production.
3) Impact of ‘difficult to deal with stresses’ like climate change and Covid-19 on cocoa production.
4) Assessment of government policies in the cocoa sector including but not limited to subsidy scheme, freebies, planned insurance for farmers, and housing schemes for farmers, among others.
5) Other thought-provoking cashew related ideas are also welcome.
Radio, television, radio, and newspaper journalists can apply.
Your application or proposal which should not be more than one and a half pages long must contain the following details:
1) Brief introduction of the applicant (Name, media organization, years of experience in practice, etc)
2) Story idea
3) Potential subjects/interviewees
4) Plan for story production (timelines for production and airing, places to visit, etc)
5) Expected impact of the story
NB: Do not add a budget to the proposal. A flat-rate amount is to be disbursed to successful applicants.
How to Apply
Send your proposals to the project administrator of GARDJA Reuben Quainoo via email@example.com before 21st November 2020 to be considered.
You can also reach out to him for any clarification via mail or on 0240763318.
Successful applicants will be announced soon after. The deadline for the production of stories is 15th December 2020.